Meaning behind love
Meaning behind love
If you read my blogs, you’ll find one called Types of Love. Lovely to read as well. This blog however, talks about the meaning behind love. How does someone know when it’s true love? Interesting question; isn’t it? The scripture says,
” Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1Corinthians 13:4-7) Let’s go over this verse, shall we?
• Love is patient-is your partner patient?
• love is kind-Is your partner kind?
• It does not envy-Is your partner jealous?
• it does not boast-Is your partner gloating about you?
• it is not proud-Is there pride in your relationship?
• It does not dishonor others-Does your partner disrespect you?
• it is not self-seeking-Are you seeking to be loved?
• it is not easily angered-Is there domestic violence?
• it keeps no record of wrongs-Is there resentment?
• Love does not delight in evil – Is there malicious within the relationship?
• but rejoices with the truth-Is there truth out in the open?
• It always protects-Do you feel protected or with fear?
• always trusts-Is trust unquestionable?
• always hopes-Are you looking forward to the next day?
• always perseveres-Are you thinking of giving up or fight for the relationship?
We don’t always fall in love. Sometimes we find something so satisfying that we believe it is love. It is so suitable that we don’t want to let go. Or we find something similar to what we want and when it goes south, we want those 24 hours back. However, what one usually believes was there; was never there to begin with. Go over each bullet and ask yourself those questions. Is it love or is it lust; or are you just settling with what you have? Is it a “find me to keep me” or is it a “I’m passing by”? What type of relationship do you truly want? What type of relationship are you trapped in? Be honest to yourself. There is no point in lying in the mirror.
“I once thought it was love. However, after analyzing each bullet, I came to realize that I have never experienced such precious thing. I came to see that love is a decision; not an emotion. You cannot be emotional about a person all the time. That is not love. You decide whom to love, whom to be with, whom to marry. It’s all about being wise in your decision. Don’t make the mistake many of us make. It’s not about a pretty doll face and some sweet words.”Linda~