Lack of forgiveness-better or worse
Lack of forgiveness is the foundation of many issues we encounter. Issues such as illnesses, migraines, unhealthy results of life, addictions, suicide attempts, domestic violence, unhealthy relationships or mood swings.
Forgiveness does not change the past but it changes the future.
The secret of life is: “People change people.” What would your life be like if you didn’t live the way you lived your day yesterday? Your history could change. So how about you start changing your own history by forgiving? Because once you forgive, your future is way different than what it could have been. We all have been hurt in our lives. Everyone has to forgive someone. Just ask yourself who you have to forgive. It’ll amaze you what you’ll discover. If for any reason you can’t recall anyone, it wouldn’t hurt if you prayed and asked the holy spirit to show you who, why and how.
The meaning behind forgiveness
- give up resentment
- grant relief from payment of spiritual pain
- cease to feel resentment against someone
- be able to forget and move on without any resentment
What is keeping you from forgiving?
What usually keeps us from forgiveness is the action or process of not dying to the flesh; while one makes the decision of preferring to live with spiritual pain instead. So yes, if you haven’t forgiven someone, it just means you prefer to live with pain. I’m not saying the pain you’re carrying is not worth going through. What I’m saying is that the pain is not worth keeping.
The relief of forgiveness
- Once one forgives, one is able to
- Look at the individual directly in the eye
- Smile at the individual without pain
- Pray (wish) for the individual’s blessings
- Speak to the individual as if nothing ever happened